The Henry County Commissioners have found a new home for an historic piece of property from the fairgrounds. The Henry County Historical Society was the lone applicant to receive the older gazebo at the fairgrounds, in a donation approved by commissioners. The historical society is hoping to move that gazebo to the area near the old school house, and make it a shady destination on the south end of the fairgrounds. Some say that gazebo could date back to the 1920’s.
The Henry County Commissioners have authorized a call to their consultants from Mannick and Smith to suspend an order to work on the wetlands delineation for the original new water treatment plant project. That was cancelled due to the focus now shifting toward renovating Napoleon’s current water plant.
Some changes totaling more than $14,000 have been approved on the Henry County Courthouse improvements in heating, ventilation and air conditioning, in a change-order with Lake Erie Electric.
And following an executive session; the Henry County Commissioners have accepted the resignation of deputy dog warden Olga Leal, effective at the end of this month.